We are looking for a full time Cabinetmaker, for shop fabrication of Architectural Millwork and Doors. We prefer experienced Cabinetmakers, but might consider those who have a natural ability to construct and fabricate almost anything.
We are a 60 year old company that can offer long term employment including benefits. We supply custom wood work to schools, restaurants, retail, hospitals, airports and more.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year Apprentice Cabinet Makers or Vocational Accreditation
- Journeyman Cabinetmakers or Finishers
TYPE OF WORK
- Construction of Cabinets, Desks, Seating, Panels, Trims, Moldings, Doors
- Enclosed shop environment.
- Prepare and fabricate wood and wood products into architectural millwork.
- Use of saws, sanders, fastening devices, adhesives, wood working equipment.
- Interpret engineering and design drawings.
- Examine drawings for conformity and errors and provide solutions for quality control.
- Laminate cabinet and furniture components, make jig templates, and process machined parts.
- Interaction with cabinetmakers and management to solve problems
- Train and work with other personnel in a team environment.
- Occasional lacquer finishing of products.
- Use of Hardware, some experience with solid surface, laminates, and stone.
- Co-ordination of shipping of products with shipping department.
COMPUTER TRAINING AND KNOWLEDGE
- Occasional use of Windows, Project Management Software.
- Fast paced environment, deadlines, office, and some minor shop.
- Steel toes footwear, tools, safety goggles and hearing protection.
Set yourself apart. Write a bit about yourself, and don't just send a resume without telling us about you and what you can do for us.
How to Apply
Online: Submit your Resume below.
Permanent, Full-Time, Overtime, Day
Starting at $22.50 to $25.00
As soon as possible
Provide own means to our shop to work on time.
Job Site Location
Edmonton, AB T5M 1X8
Fluently speak, read and write English. Imperial and Metric measures.